About Sports Massage
Sports massage is a firm and focused massage that is designed to alleviate the tension that accumulates in the body’s soft tissue during exercise. As well as reducing muscular tension, treating minor injuries and easing deep muscular discomfort, sports massage is used to prevent minor injuries which often disrupt physical performance, whether the client is an elite athlete or an occasional jogger.
The treatment is not exclusive to athletes and can be beneficial to those in both physically demanding and sedentary jobs, where poor posture, increased muscular tension, and reduced flexibility produce similar characteristics to a sporting injury.
Sports massage can be used to help with:
- Injury prevention, treatment and rehabilitation
- Easing deep muscular pain and tension
- Recovery from sport
- Preparation for training and competition
The effects and benefits include:
- Loosening restricted joints and easing out tight muscles
- Warming up the body before exercise
- Relaxing the body after physical exertion
- Improving recovery between exercise
- Preventing the aggravation of minor injuries
- Improving lymphatic and blood circulation
- Reducing stress and anxiety
What can sports massage help with?
Through a combination of progressive exercise, stretches, supplements and nutritional advice, Simon aims to rehabilitate his clients to optimal health and fitness.
His services include:
- Treating minor injuries e.g. sprains and strains
- Treating deep muscular tension
- Testing joints for Range of Movement (ROM)
- Rehabilitation programmes
- Weight management and nutritional advice
- Fitness testing and programmes
Simon has an extensive background in the fitness industry, as a qualified Sports Massage Therapist for 8 years and a Level 3 Personal Trainer for 11 years. He has worked with elite athletes, club golfers, and several cricket and football teams to assist with fitness advice, sports therapy and the rehabilitation of injured players.
Simon’s wide range of experiences, clients and qualifications ensures he is able to make a positive impact to the health of all his clients.
Simon is available at both of our clinics.
1-hour session: £58
30 min session: £37
Payments can be made by cash, cheque or card.
Should you be interested in making an appointment with Simon, please contact the Blackheath or Orpington clinics.