What can we help with?
Many of our patients use chiropractic adjustments to maintain symmetry, ensuring daily physical stresses placed on our bodies do not compromise the functioning of the nervous system.
Others use our chiropractic care to alleviate specific symptoms. Common pain-related reasons for adjustments amongst our patients include:
- Nerve irritations
- Ankle sprain (short term management)
- Elbow pain, incl. tennis elbow arising from associated musculoskeletal conditions of the back and neck
- Cervicogenic headaches
- Tension and inability to relax
- General joint pains or stiffness
- General, acute and chronic back aches and pains
- Lower back pain (lumbago)
- Mechanical neck pain, stiffness and soreness
- Migraine prevention
- Minor sports injuries, depending on diagnosis
- Muscle spasms
- Plantar fasciitis (short term management)
- Rotator cuff injuries, diseases or disorders
- Shoulder dysfunctions, disorders or pains incl. frozen and rounded shoulders
- Pregnancy-related discomforts
Pregnancy and chiropractic
Chiropractic adjustments can usually be safely and effectively carried out throughout all trimesters of pregnancy, until the day of delivery. The frequency of adjustments will vary depending on the stage of pregnancy and the symptomatology, but as a guide we advise between once a week to once a month.
Clinical studies have shown that during a normal pregnancy, chiropractic adjustments could:
- Allow the mother to safely carry out low-impact activities, such as swimming, walking or stretching
- Realign the spine and joints as the body’s centre of gravity shifts from the increasing weight of the baby
- Help relieve general discomfort from physical adaptations associated with pregnancy
Please ensure you get your doctor’s approval before receiving chiropractic care.
Our chiropractor Sophie specialises in pregnancy, recognising the impact chiropractic care could have on both physical and mental well-being after benefiting from adjustments during her own pregnancies. She is passionate about helping women enjoy a very special time in their lives through chiropractic care.
Working with accurate diagnoses is important to us. So, we invested in a specialist diagnostic tool specifically designed for chiropractic – an EMG (electromyographic) scanner – to go beyond visual and palpatory findings in our assessments. As a result, we can create precise treatment plans for our patients that have been individually tailored through multiple findings.
Our clinics can offer the following techniques:
- SOT (Saccro-Occipital Technique)
- DNFT (Directional Non-Force Technique)
- Thompson drops
- Applied Kinesiology
Adjustments will include either one or a combination of these, specifically tailored to the needs of each patient.
By using established chiropractic techniques, our chiropractors help optimise the function of your spine, muscles, and joints, allowing you to continue with your daily lifestyle.
Our chiropractors each have their own area of expertise. For more information, please refer to our chiropractor profiles to see who may be best suited to your needs.